Professional and attentive
family law & divorce attorneys
working hard for you.

Have Your Circumstances Changed Since Your Divorce?

Change happens, and life doesn’t always go the way we expect. Sometimes the divorce agreement that used to work is no longer appropriate. In such cases, it is worth your while to talk with a family law attorney and learn whether or not you may be eligible for a post-divorce modification of child support, spousal maintenance (alimony), parenting time or even legal decision-making (custody).

Wilson-Goodman Law Group, PLLC, is an Arizona law firm dedicated to helping clients through all the difficult transitions and legal concerns of life. Our Queen Creek and Gilbert post-divorce modification attorneys are here to counsel and represent you in both your initial divorce case and in any post-judgment modification petitions. We can also represent you if you are trying to oppose a modification.

Justifying A Support Or Custody Modification

In order to modify a child support or spousal maintenance order, you must be able to show that there has been a substantial and continuing life change. Examples might include long-term unemployment, an increase in day care costs, retirement or a change in parenting time.

Modifying a legal decision-making (child custody) order can be more difficult. You must be able to prove a significant change in the one parent’s ability to care for his or her children. Your ex-spouse may have been convicted of domestic violence, is doing drugs or has a DUI, for instance, and can no longer be trusted around the children. Conversely, you may have had some personal issues in the past but have since turned your life around, and you are ready to resume your parental role again.

Contact Our Child Support Modification Attorneys

At Wilson-Goodman Law Group, PLLC, we will review the circumstances of your case and advise you about your rights and options. Learn more about post-divorce modifications in Arizona by contacting our lawyers online or calling our Gilbert office at (480) 503-9217 or our Queen Creek office at (480) 686-9400.

We look forward to speaking with you. We return calls promptly.