Drivers of any kind of motor vehicle (cars, trucks, motorcycles, scooters even boats) must use “reasonable care under the circumstances,” according to the law. After an accident, the facts of the crash will reveal whether the driver failed to use reasonable care. For example, if a driver follows the speed limit on an especially foggy or rainy day, they might still be going too fast because they should slow down in conditions of poor visibility. When a driver does not use reasonable care, and they hurt someone else in an accident as a result, they would be negligent, which makes them liable for the damages and injuries.
It’s critical that you contact an experienced personal injury lawyer soon after a car accident because:
- An immediate investigation might be necessary to get the facts and details from the accident, which help to determine fault. Waiting too long to start this investigation risks the loss of crucial evidence that could help you. The personal injury attorneys at Wilson-Goodman Law Group, PLLC, have extensive experience investigating car crash sites and working with experts to gather evidence.
- You need representation in negotiations or court. Insurance adjusters are quick to assign blame and offer injured parties a settlement, which is usually insufficient to fully cover medical costs, lost wages and other damages. Initial and ongoing medical care can be expensive, and many injured individuals are not able to assess the total cost of their injuries or the value of their claim, but we can. We have supported hundreds of clients with auto accidents, and we will work hard to make sure you receive the compensation that you deserve.
- You must focus your energy on your physical recovery. At Wilson-Goodman Law Group, PLLC, we will handle the details of your claim. When we begin working on your case, you will no longer need to communicate with the insurance company. You are already dealing with stress, pain and other issues; rely on us to advocate for you.
Car Accidents Caused By Highway Conditions
The state or federal government may be responsible for your compensation if your crash involved hazardous road conditions, including:
- Poor road design or construction
- Poor road maintenance
- Poor or missing signage
- Malfunctioning or broken traffic lights
- Poor lighting or lack of lighting
- Badly marked road construction
- Dangerous placement of trees and utility poles
If you have suffered a significant injury, or if your loved one lost their life in a fatal accident, hold the negligent party accountable and get justice.
Schedule a free consultation with a qualified car accident lawyer by filling out our online contact form or by calling our Gilbert office at (480) 503-9217 or our Queen Creek law office at (480) 686-9400.
There are no legal fees unless your case results in a favorable verdict or settlement.