Professional and attentive
family law & divorce attorneys
working hard for you.

Drug Crimes

Hundreds of Arizona residents, many of which are college students, find themselves facing drug charges every year. While the crime of possession of marijuana or “distribution” (for example, if you shared a joint with a friend) may not seem very serious, Arizona criminal courts treat every drug crime case very seriously. Our national obsession with punishing drug crimes has ruined many young lives. If you, your son, or your daughter is facing any type of drug charge in the East Valley area of Maricopa County or Pinal County, contact an experienced Arizona drug charges defense attorney immediately. Early intervention may be critical to your case.

Protecting Your Property, Your Liberty and Your Future

The defense attorneys at Wilson-Goodman Law Group, PLLC represent adults, juveniles and college students from neighboring schools (Chandler-Gilbert Community College, Arizona State University, and ASU East, Mesa Community College and other Maricopa County community colleges) in Arizona criminal court for drug charges, including:

  • Possession of a controlled substance (marijuana, meth, even illegally possessed prescription drugs such as OxyContin or Vicodin)
  • Driving under the influence of drugs
  • Drug sales or distribution
  • Marijuana cultivation
  • Meth manufacturing
  • Drug smuggling or transporting drugs

What Belongings Can Police Take From You?

The law allows the police to take possession of (or “seize”) property and money involved in drug cases. Seized assets can include cars, bank accounts, even homes — any property that they claim has been purchased with “drug money” or used in the commission of a drug crime. Police are not required to first prove that the money or property actually was related to the commission of a drug crime before they can seize it. This means that innocent relatives will often find themselves the victim of asset forfeiture when a family member borrows their car and gets pulled over and charged. In some cases, it is possible to get property released from unlawful forfeiture and back to its rightful owner, but you will need the help of an aggressive defense attorney to make your case.

Contact a drug charges defense attorney at the Queen Creek or Gilbert law office of Wilson-Goodman Law Group, PLLC.