Have you been charged with aggravated assault in Maricopa County or Pinal County, Arizona? If so, it is vital to engage the help of an experienced attorney right away. Without skilled representation, you can face a host of severe penalties, including steep fines and years in prison.
At Wilson-Goodman Law Group, PLLC, our aggravated assault lawyers have the understanding, strategy and determination to combat a wide range of felony charges, including assault, battery and related offenses.
Misdemeanor Assault vs. Aggravated Assault
An individual can be charged with misdemeanor assault for knowingly causing physical injury to someone else, creating a reasonable fear of harm in that person or intentionally touching another in order to injure, provoke or insult him or her.
According to Arizona law, you may be charged with aggravated assault if you commit a misdemeanor assault in addition to:
- Causing serious physical injury
- Using force that causes temporary disfigurement or bodily impairment
- Assaulting someone who is unable to resist
- Entering someone’s private home in order to commit the assault
- Assaulting someone under the age of 15, if you are over the age of 18
- Touching someone else in violation of an order of protection
- Preventing the other person from breathing
- Knowingly assaulting a certain class of people, which can include peace officers, firefighters, teachers, health care practitioners and others
Penalties for aggravated assault vary depending upon a range of factors. Depending on the circumstances, maximum penalties for a first offense can be as severe as up to 21 years in prison and $150,000 in fines.
Need An Aggravated Assault Defense Lawyer?
If you need an experienced criminal law attorney in Gilbert, Chandler or anywhere else in Maricopa County or Pinal County, Arizona, contact Wilson-Goodman Law Group, PLLC. Simply contact us online or call us at (480) 503-9217 or (480) 686-9400 to set up a consultation today.
If you are under arrest and want to know your rights immediately, call the emergency criminal line/after-hours number (480) 503-9217.