Ms. Bhaga received her law degree from the Arizona State University Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law in 2009. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree at the University of Texas at El Paso in 2006 and graduated with honors, summa cum laude. Ms. Bhaga was awarded the University of Texas at El Paso Top Ten Senior Award for her academic success and her outstanding commitment to the community. Ms. Bhaga is Lead Counsel Rated in Family Law, a distinction that recognizes her profound legal experience, solid reputation, and her demonstration of ethics.
Ms. Bhaga is admitted to the State Bar of Arizona and the United States District Court for Arizona, and the State Bar of Texas. Ms. Bhaga is the Vice President of Membership for the Arizona Chapter of South Asian Bar Association and a member of the Network of Indian Professionals. She practices in the areas of Family Law and Criminal Defense.
Ms. Bhaga was a fellow in ASU Law School's Post-Graduate Fellowship program, a Rule 38 certified student attorney in ASU Law School's Public Defender Clinic, and also clerked at the Capital Habeas Unit of the Federal Public Defender Office in the District of Arizona. Additionally, Ms. Bhaga, along with two of her colleagues from ASU law school, drafted two immigration appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals, pro bono, and their collaborative effort, led them to win both appeals.
As an American of Indian descent that grew up in South Africa during Apartheid, Ms. Bhaga learned firsthand what freedom really is after being deprived of it through government oppression by racial discrimination. Being an American child at school in South Africa through the end of Apartheid was like being a symbol of freedom. She represented the success of a nation that had overcome a legacy of racial oppression and had extended constitutional rights to those who had never known them before. Because of her experience, she deeply appreciates the fundamental principles of equality and liberty. This led her to seek out a career path as a defender of peoples' basic liberties. Ms. Bhaga approaches all of her cases with this dedication and passion.
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Capital Habeas Unit of the Federal Public Defender Office in the District of Arizona, Clerk
- Arizona, 2010
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 2010
- Texas, 2011
- State Bar of Arizona, Member
- State Bar of Texas , Member
- Network of Indian Professionals, Member
- Membership for the Arizona Chapter of South Asian Bar Association , Vice President
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Tempe, Arizona
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: Rule 38 certified student attorney in ASU Law School’s Public Defender Clinic
- University of Texas, El Paso, Texas
- B.S. - 2006
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: University of Texas at El Paso Top Ten Senior Award